Hello! This is Veronique, a 37-year-old French Canadian translator struck with a strange disease: I've been to Japan 7 times, and my next flight is already booked. The country is gorgeous, yes, but Japanese people’s kindness and friendliness is certainly why I’ve become a regular. Be my friend, and I’ll visit you often even if you live in the most remote little places:)
As I have already checked off my list all the obvious wonders of Japan, I'm now looking to get off the beaten track and experience the country under a different light, the local one. Last trip included Magome-Tsumago, Gokayama, Kumano-Kodo, Kyushu, and Yakushima (a place that will haunt me for the rest of my days).
I've been learning Japanese for quite a while, but I still need to unlock my knowledge. Being a language professional though, I'd be more than happy to help with English and French!
- Cultural differences, good manners, customs, habits which I like to bring back home to make the world a little better
- Food & Drink
- Green tea, wine, sake, Okonomiyaki, Miso Nikomi Udon, Izakaya, vegetarian/organic, sweets
- Hiking, photography and everything a picture can't capture - atmosphere, smell, feelings, sounds
- 11 Oct to 01 Nov
- Interests for Japan:
- Unique NeighborhoodTransportationIzakaya & SakeBento BoxVegetarianOkonomiyakiIndianFrenchTraditional JapaneseRobotsOnsen
- About the trip:
- For my 8th trip to Japan (and my birthday!), I'm planning the Great Onsen Tour. However I will be spending quite a bit of time in Tokyo, meeting up with my precious friends and hopefully making new ones:)