I grew up in South Africa but moved to Australia when I was 9 so I'm mostly Aussie. I have seen a few places in the world but I love being immersed in the wonderful cultures of the world. I'm particularly interested in Japanese culture cause I grew up watching anime so I've taken to their weird and wonderful quirkiness. I'm married to my beautiful wife Rachael for 2 years now and we want to experience a white Christmas this year hopefully.
I sing, dance, film, pray, love people and I hope we can meet up and have some amazing memories in Japan.
- I love other cultures and seeing their uniqueness.
- The beauty in nature is always exciting
- Interesting restaurants or temples and hidden treasures
- 23 Dec to 04 Jan
- Interests for Japan:
- Non-Touristy PlacesOnly in JapanSki & SnowboardMusicBars & LoungesRobotsJ-popKaraokeGamesAnimeJapanese ArchitectureUnique NeighborhoodTheatersHistoric SightsCastleShinto Shrine & TempleTea CeremonyTattooNinja & SamuraiOnsenKimono & GeishaCultural ActivitiesSushiCurryTempuraStreet FoodJapanese SteakhouseAmericanCafes & BakeriesDessertsIndianSteakTheme Cafes & BarsMeat
- About the trip:
- My name is Chris from Australia! I'll be travelling to Japan, with my beautiful wife, over Christmas and New Year's and I'm very keen to meet up with English speaking locals who want to maybe have dinner somewhere fun or have a karaoke and dancing night. If you have any advice on things that I have to see or where to have cheap local meals, I'd be very keen to hear it :D
Of course I'll be trying to learn as much Japanese as I can but I might be terrible at it haha.
We'll get Staying in Akihabara from 23-27, then catching a bullet train to Kyoto and staying from 27-31, Then somehow we're getting to Nozawa Onsen for New Years celebrations and staying from 31-4th. We then fly out at 3pm from Narita on the 4th.